Monday, August 6, 2007

Lash This


Well, one day I was walking in the forest, as I often find myself doing. And out of no where a Thistle Lasher start lashing its thorny vine like limbs at me. What was I to do? Such an unpleasant creature one might say. I would have chop off its limbs if I had a blade.

Why would anything want to be so mean? Why would it want to lash out at people? Does this creatures find some pleasure in torturing others? As they touch others with their limbs, how can they not notice the other wince in pain? Can the Lasher be so thoughtless of how others feel? Or do people not say anything and just let themselves be pierced by thorns?

But should we be fooled into thinking nature is full of kindness and good? People are sometimes blinded into thinking that good is what should exist. Doing something because you think it is good can't be the same as doing something which may so happen to be viewed as good. Just because you do things and are able to fool people does not make who you truly are any better or less than what you are.

There must be some type of balance and understanding of things in this world. I should not think that someone is trying to hurt me. But I will defend myself if I feel I am being attacked and let the attacker know what they are doing.

So... Thistle although you poke people with your sharp thorns, in there some where I shall think of you as a creature that has balance of good and bad. For you may have been having a bad day. But I am glad you are able to express yourself without fear of what others think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was deep. Lead on wiseone.

Alcindor said...

I am a good person... I wouldn't hurt anyone.. I swear... =P