Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Flying

Sometimes...
Flying in the night sky can be so peaceful...
Looking at the stars, and even though I fly closer to them, they still seem so far away. Nothing around... as I watch the twinkling stars in the pale gray sky, the deep blue of the seas and the dark hues of the lands below. The only sound is the flap flap of the gryphon's wings as we breeze through the cold crisp night air.

Looking back at the ground, it all seems so unreal. Then I think, what would happen if I fell. Whoosh... when I reached the ground would I bounce? Would I go thunk? Or would it be more of a splat? A sploosh? I shift my weight to get a better look at what is down below. But my gryphon adjusts so that I do not fall, blocking my view.

What would happen if I pulled out some feathers? Would the gryphon be upset? Would it make it difficult to fly? Would he dump me off and let me fall fall fall... splat!

1 comment:

Alcindor said...

Um... pluck his feather... He'll will eat you, chomp chomp chomp =P