Sunday, August 26, 2007

101 days old

It was a few weeks ago that I decided it was time to leave the care of Hanahime to someone else. He will be staying with all the other retired chocobos. I received a green chocobo plaque and a certificate.

I chose to retire Hime early because I have moved to Sand'Oria for a little while and would not be able to care for him from such a far distance. I have business in Sand'Oria that will only allow me to return to Bastok periodically. Moo has moved into my rented room in Sand'Oria. He seems unaffected by the change.

Raising a chocobo takes up time and energy. Maybe when I have settled back into my Bastok home I might be able to raise another chocobo.

It was nice to talk with the Bastok trainer and remember all the time spent with Hime. Things that happened so long ago... I didn't remember most of it.

I will still be able to see Hime if I use my chocobo whistle. I might even do some races when I am back in Bastok.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't you just love that cutscene when you do decide to retire it. Talk about guilt trip LOL. Actually the CS is really cute and makes you sad that you have to left your chocobo go. ;;

Incentive to do another... when I have time to really take of it, maybe :D

Alcindor said...

Sigh... I didnt even start raising one... maybe i should start... but it just takes so much time and effort... is it worth it?

Anonymous said...

When you first start you'll think it's really silly, but once it hatches and you take care of it more, you'll think it's the cutest thing ever :D

just be sure if you do start it, you can devote at least 15 minutes everyday to take care fo it. You don't want it to hate you if you forget to check on it for a few days :/